RIVERFRONT SPORTS YOUTH LEAGUE RULES (NON-AAU)
All Grades or Division are based on September 2023 Grade
- HIGH SCHOOL – 16 MINUTE STOPPED CLOCK
- 7- 8THGRADE –20 MINUTE RUNNING CLOCK
- 6th GRADE – 20 MINUTE RUNNING CLOCK
- 5- 6thGRADE – 20 MINUTE RUNNING CLOCK
- 4-5thGRADE (8.5ft Basket) – 20 MINUTE RUNNING CLOCK
- 2-3rd Grade (8.5ft Basket) – 15 MINUTE RUNNING CLOCK
- THREE 30 SECOND TIMEOUTS PER GAME TO BE USED ANYTIME
- 6 PERSONALS TO FOUL OUT
- 10 TEAM FOULS TO SHOOT 1-AND-1
- 5th Grade and Up: ELAM ending instead of OT. First team to 5 points. Add 1 TO
2nd-3rd GRADE – NO PRESSING
4TH-5TH AND 5TH-6TH GIRLS GRADE – NO PRESSING 1ST HALF / NO PRESS 15+ POINTS 2ND HALF
6TH BOYS AND 7TH-8TH GRADE – NO PRESS 20+ POINTS
**Levels with running clock, clock stops in last 2 minutes of each half.**
MERCY RULE: If one team leads by 20 points or more with 8 minutes or 15 points with 2 minutes left to go in the 2nd half, the game becomes running time. Once the clock becomes running time, it only goes back to stopped time if the lead is cut to 10 points or less.
- No fighting will be tolerated. Any player who is ejected for fighting is immediately suspended for the next game.
- Coaches will be ejected on their 2nd technical and must leave the building. Coaches do not have to sit after their first technical foul. Any behavior, deemed by the director, that puts the well-being of any player, coach, official, volunteer or spectator in danger will result in your team being dismissed without a refund.