Riverfront Sports Performance
Riverfront Sports Performance is located in the Riverfront Sports Complex in Scranton. We offer a full range of cardiovascular equipment, free weights, a specific dedicated space for speed, movement, and agility drills and equipment for flexibility, pre-habilitation, and core strength training.
Our progressive performance small group training programs for athletes are developed with the individual in mind. We focus our programs on the specific needs of each athlete and cater to athletes of all sports. Our programs are unrivaled in design and our strength coaches’ experience, and education allow us to relate, motivate and develop strong well-rounded athletes prepared to reach their maximum potential.
Although this our main focus, we also offer private sessions and specific “return to play” one on sessions for injured athletes post physical therapy or minor injury. These sessions focus on injury prevention, improving muscular deficits, mobility, range of motion, and joint integrity.
Come visit us for a tour and join the revolution in performance!
For more information, call 570-347-0797 ext. 9 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jody Leach, CSCS
Director of Sports Performance, Riverfront Sports
NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
ACE Certified Orthopedic Exercise Specialist
Jody is a strength and conditioning coach and orthopedic exercise specialist with 20 years of coaching experience. A graduate of Ithaca College, Jody taught Physical Education and coached in New York State before relocating to Pennsylvania. She has excelled in the direction of youth programming and development of high school and collegiate athletes since her graduation. Before her tenure as Director of Sports Performance at Backcourt Hoops, Jody was a Strength and Conditioning Coach at Binghamton University, an NCAA Division I athletic institution. At Binghamton, Jody worked with all varsity sports. Her goal as a coach and sport specific trainer is to provide each individual athlete with the motivation and specialized tools to achieve their maximum athletic potential.
Emily is a 2016 Dunmore High School Graduate. While there, she lettered four years as a varsity basketball player. She continued her academic and athletic pursuits at the University of Scranton where she was a four-year starter and had an outstanding college career. On the academic side, Emily majored in Exercise Science with a minor in Biology and graduated in May of 2020 with a Bachelor of Science Degree. While not only excelling on the basketball court she also excelled in the classroom being named to the Landmark Conference Academic Honor Roll in 2018, 2019 and 2020. She is currently in the process of becoming a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist from the National Strength and Conditioning Association. Emily will become a member of the Valley View Girls Varsity coaching staff for the 2020-2021 season. She has been coaching at Backcourt Hoops for the past 5 years and will continue to do so. She will now be offering strength and conditioning training for all athletes.
EXCEL is dedicated to helping athletes reach their ultimate performance. No matter what your sport or competitive level, to be well prepared and have an athletic edge is the key to success. Our sports specific EXCEL is dedicated to helping athletes reach their ultimate performance. No matter what your sport or competitive level, to be well prepared and have an athletic edge is the key to success. Our sports specific training philosophy is simple: Provide our athletes with the most effective and progressive training techniques, movement education, and coaching in a motivating and engaging training environment. Our staff of personal trainers and strength and conditioning specialists are dedicated to changing the lives of athletes and fostering peak performance results. Some of the many things we focus on:
- Strength – We provide athletes with well-structured personalized strength routines. The benefits of strength training to athletic performance are substantial and numerous. Not only is it an integral conditioning component for power athletes but also maximizes performance in the pure endurance events.
- Speed, agility, & quickness training – We train you how to move in all directions!
- Power & plyometrics – We give you the highly effective tools to become more explosive in power movements like jumping, throwing, first step acceleration and hitting.
- Core training – We place strong emphasis on core training. Your core strength is the key to a solid athletic foundation and the base necessary in all movements.
- Joint integrity and pre-habilitation – We keep your joints strong through unilateral and functional exercises to protect you from imbalances and future injury.
- Hand-eye coordination and reaction drills – We provide drills to improve visual reaction. This training allows for increased agility and faster neural reaction and increased efficiency in muscular reaction to stimulus.
- Metabolic Conditioning – Our workouts are designed to train all three of the body’s energy systems and focus on the systems most important to in your sport and personal growth.
- Flexibility – By stretching post workout, we increase your range of motion; keeping you strong throughout the completion of movements and actions and less likely to suffer from injury.
- Recovery & regeneration – Rest is necessary for growth. We follow a systematic approach to allow for peak performance and avoid over training.
- Athlete life skills – Leadership, Accountability, Goal Setting
Our training philosophy is simple: Provide our athletes with the most effective and progressive training techniques, movement education, and coaching in a motivating and engaging training environment. Our staff of personal trainers and strength and conditioning specialists are dedicated to changing the lives of athletes and fostering peak performance results. Some of the many things we focus on:
Hurdle drills; single foot forward, lateral both directions, 1-2 stick
Core: Plate get up, Plank with unilateral band row, side bridge unilateral row, medicine ball seated side toss, single leg buck
DB Step ups paired w/ bosu up and over
Incline Barbell Press
Reverse Grip Barbell row
Tri-set: TRX push-up, TRX inverted row, TRX single leg squat
Bicep ez bar curl
Hanging knee up
Tricep kickback cable
Hip corrective prehab circuit
Our progressive performance training systems, clinics, and staff available to athletes of all ages are unrivaled in design, experience, and education. Although this our main focus, we also offer a family atmosphere for those clients looking to improve general fitness and wellness.
Come visit us for a tour and join the revolution in fitness and performance!
We are a full service gym providing you with everything you need to lead a healthier lifestyle. Our atmosphere and service to our customers is what places us a step above the rest. We have flexible hours of operation to fit into your busy schedule.
Personal & Small Groups
Our Personal Training Staff is unmatched in education, experience, and success in northeast Pennsylvania. Our Trainers are positive, motivating, and dedicated to helping you reach your fitness goals. We offer Personal Training to our members looking to improve the five classic components of fitness; muscular strength, muscular endurance, body composition, cardiovascular endurance, and flexibility. Personal Training sessions are typically one on one hour long sessions designed specifically for each client and their goals. We also offer small group training to those individuals with similar goals at a discounted per/person rate. Personal Training sessions may be scheduled at your convenience, but are subject to trainer availability.