RIVERFRONT SPORTS COVID-19 GAME PROTOCOL
- Upon arrival, only players and coaches may enter the building five minutes before kickoff. They will have their temperature taken and then be allowed onto the field. All players and coaches must WEAR MASKS. When on the field playing, the players may remove their mask but coaches are required to wear a mask at ALL TIMES. No more than 2 coaches per team. If parents want to attend, they will be allowed in the building once the players are on the field. All spectators will have their temperature taken. Parents must wear a mask at ALL TIMES and there will be a designated area for spectators that observe social distancing guidelines. There will be a max of 1 spectator per player.
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the building. The fields will be disinfected before and after games. Balls will be disinfected at halftime and after the game by the referees.
- After the final whistle, all players must immediately exit at the end of field 3 with their coach and then the parents. Please have all team meetings and talks after you have exited the building.
- No one is allowed to “hang out” in the lobby and there will be no early entry. We will stick to the schedule as best as possible so please help us in this effort with getting players on and off the field as fast as possible.
HEALTH & SAFETY
STANDARD PROCEDURES & REMINDERS
- Hand Washing: Campers will need to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after handling equipment, blowing their nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Social Distancing: It is recommended to stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people, when possible. We will be encouraging social distancing through increased spacing, small groups, and limited mixing between groups, and staggered scheduling, arrival, and drop off, whenever feasible.
- Cover Coughs and Sneezes: Always remember to cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash. Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
SANITATION & CLEANING PROCEDURES
- Frequently Touched Surfaces: Frequently touched surfaces including doorknobs, countertops, handles, toilets, faucets, etc. will be cleaned and disinfected by our staff every 2-3 hours, and then again when camp wraps up for the day. Unnecessary furniture and equipment have been removed so that there are less surfaces.
- Cleaning Stations: Each camp will have a designated cleaning station with EPA certified cleaning solutions for increased cleanup throughout the day.
- Hand Washing & Sanitizing: We will be promoting frequent handwashing for campers and staff. Hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout the building for in between handwashing.
- Staff Training: All Riverfront Staff have been trained in new health and safety protocols.
- Our facility will be sanitized daily. All field turf and bleacher areas will be cleaned with commercial-grade disinfectant. Our facility has been cleaned from top to bottom. All filters in our ventilation system have been replaced and doors will be opened to provide maximum air circulation.
- When to Stay Home: We encourage any camper who is sick, or coming from a household where someone is sick, to stay home.
- New Developments: Our team will regularly communicate and monitor developments with local authorities, employees, and families regarding cases, potential exposure and updates to policies and procedures.
MASKS & FACE COVERINGS
- Riverfront Staff: All staff will wear cloth face coverings.
- Campers: In accordance with the Governor’s directive, children will not be required to wear cloth face coverings, although face coverings are still recommended by the CDC, especially for older youth, when feasible.