RIVERFRONT SPORTS & BACKCOURT HOOPS COVID-19 PROTOCOL
In response to the strengthened masking order issued by Governor Wolf’s administration on Tuesday, November 17th, Riverfront Sports will be complying with the order effective immediately. Masks MUST be worn at all times while at the Riverfront Sports Complex, whether you are actively participating in one of our programs or spectating. Players will not be able to participate if they don’t comply with the order.
Riverfront Sports Management
- Riverfront Sports will be limiting the amount of people in the facility at any given time. Accordingly, we ask that only camp or practice participants and staff enter the building during operating hours. One parent per participant will be able to attend a game.
- All parents/caregivers will drop off campers at the main entrance of Riverfront Sports. Every individual that enters the building will have his/her temperature read by our thermal imaging cameras. In the event any individual’s body temperature reads 100.4 ⁰ or above, the individual will be subjected to additional testing with a no-touch, digital forehead thermometer. Upon confirmation of a body temperature of 100.4 ⁰ or above, the individual will not be permitted into the facility forl either a period of fourteen (14) days unless they can provide a negative COVID-19 test from their doctor or medical professional. In addition, our staff will regularly monitor all campers for signs of illness, flushed cheeks, difficulty breathing or excessive fatigue.
- Campers will proceed to their respective court/field. In compliance with the Governor’s directive, each camper will stay with their assigned group and their respective coach throughout the duration of the camp.
- All cars picking up campers will be directed to park in the Riverfront Sports upper lot. Field participants should park at the far end of the lot. Court participants should park at the front of the lot. Campers will leave the facility at the exits at each end of the building. Staff will be assisting campers so they can be brought directly to your car.
HEALTH & SAFETY
STANDARD PROCEDURES & REMINDERS
- Hand Washing: Campers will need to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after handling equipment, blowing their nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Social Distancing: It is recommended to stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people, when possible. We will be encouraging social distancing through increased spacing, small groups, and limited mixing between groups, and staggered scheduling, arrival, and drop off, whenever feasible.
- Cover Coughs and Sneezes: Always remember to cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash. Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
SANITATION & CLEANING PROCEDURES
- Frequently Touched Surfaces: Frequently touched surfaces including doorknobs, countertops, handles, toilets, faucets, etc. will be cleaned and disinfected by our staff every 2-3 hours, and then again when camp wraps up for the day. Unnecessary furniture and equipment have been removed so that there are less surfaces.
- Cleaning Stations: Each camp will have a designated cleaning station with EPA certified cleaning solutions for increased cleanup throughout the day.
- Hand Washing & Sanitizing: We will be promoting frequent handwashing for campers and staff. Hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout the building for in between handwashing.
- Staff Training: All Riverfront Staff have been trained in new health and safety protocols.
- Our facility will be sanitized daily. All field turf and bleacher areas will be cleaned with commercial-grade disinfectant. Our facility has been cleaned from top to bottom. All filters in our ventilation system have been replaced and doors will be opened to provide maximum air circulation.
- When to Stay Home: We encourage any camper who is sick, or coming from a household where someone is sick, to stay home.
- New Developments: Our team will regularly communicate and monitor developments with local authorities, employees, and families regarding cases, potential exposure and updates to policies and procedures.
MASKS & FACE COVERINGS
- Anyone in the building must wear a mask including players.