Riverfront United is an in-house Club team. Here we offer team, group and individual training. At Riverfront United we offer specialized and proven training methods. Riverfront United teams train once a week and then participate in the winter leagues. We offer teams to all ages and levels of players.
If you are interested in playing for Riverfront United, fill out our INTERESTED PLAYER FORM.
Follow Riverfront United on Facebook and Instagram (Click Icon)
BECOME A PLAYER FOR RIVERFONT UNITED
If you are interested in Riverfront United program fill our our interested player form by clicking here. We will contact you to participate in a FREE session to see our program.
Director of Youth Development
Played High School Soccer at West Scranton 2x Division 1 allstar
Played club soccer with FC America and Wyoming Valley Soccer Club
Played College Soccer at Misericordia University
Led Riverside Jr. High to a district championship in 1 season as head coach
Been a Coach at Riverfront for 6 years (Micro Soccer, Development Class, Riverfront United)
Involved with different camps sponsored by Riverfront and Keystone College
Chris has been a student of the game for 40 years as a player and as a coach. He played his collegiate soccer at Shippensburg University as a walk on. He earned the starting spot quickly going on to be the starting Goalkeeper for 3 ½ years earning 2 MVP honors and a captain title. After college he played for Phoenix SC and Montco Azzurri in the InterCounty League where he helped his teams to multiple Amateur and Open Cup playoff berths. Chris began playing beach soccer in 2000, going on to play 7 years in the country’s largest Pro-Am tournament, North American Sand Soccer Championships where he helped is team to 6 Final 4 appearances and earned an MVP honor. He capped his playing career by being selected to play with the US National Beach team where he played several international competitions.
As a coach, Chris started his coaching career in 1996 when he became the undergrad Assistant Coach for Shippensburg University, focusing on training Goalkeepers. Since then, Chris has coached collegiately, high school, youth, semi pro and ODP.
- Shippensburg University – Undergrad Assistant, then Assistant Coach and Goalkeeper Coach for Men’s and Women’s teams
- Ursinus College – Assistant Coach/Goalkeeper Coach
- Johns Hopkins University – Goalkeeper Coach
- Penn State Worthington – Assistant/Goalkeeper Coach
High School Coaching
- Pennridge High School – Assistant/Goalkeeper Coach – 7 Straight PIAA District 1 playoff appearances
- Meyers High School – Head Coach
- Mid Valley High School – Head Coach
- Electric City Shock Juniors
- ODP- U12 – Head Coach for 3 years
- Electric City Shock (NPSL) – Assistant Coach/Goalkeeper Coach
- Winning Edge Speed Training – Owned and operated speed and agility camps for 10 years.
- Winning Edge Goalkeeper Training – Owned and operated Goalkeeper training academy. Worked with numerous collegiate prospects and athletes at all divisions of NCAA.
Jody Leach, CSCS
Director of Sports Performance, Riverfront United FC
Director of Sports Performance, Backcourt Hoops
Strength and Conditioning Coach, Binghamton University
NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
ACE Certified Orthopedic Exercise Specialist
Jody is a strength and conditioning coach and orthopedic exercise specialist with 20 years of coaching experience. A graduate of Ithaca College, Jody taught Physical Education and coached in New York State before relocating to Pennsylvania. She has excelled in the direction of youth programming and development of high school and collegiate athletes since her graduation. Before her tenure as Director of Sports Performance at Backcourt Hoops, Jody was a Strength and Conditioning Coach at Binghamton University, an NCAA Division I athletic institution. At Binghamton, Jody worked with all varsity sports. Her goal as a coach and sport specific trainer is to provide each individual athlete with the motivation and specialized tools to achieve their maximum athletic potential.
– 2007 – 2011: 4 year Midfielder/striker for the Moravian College Men’s’ Division 3 team
– 2011- 2014: 3 year Midfielder/striker for club Voodoo F.C. in the SIFL (Shanghai International Football League)
– Dunmore High School
o Varsity Head Coach, High School Girls’ Soccer (July 2015-May 2016)
– Electric City Shock Juniors/ Nitro Soccer
o U12 May Lehigh Valley Soccer Festival 2015 1st Place Champions
o U12 Fall 2018 Boys Lehigh Valley Soccer League 1st Place League finishers
o U14 2020 Winter Indoor State Cup Challenger Division 1st Place Champions
– Olympic Development Program Wilkes Barre/Scranton Branch
o U12/ U13 Girls Assistant Coach 2017- 2018
– US Soccer D License 2018
Passion for Youth Soccer
– I love coaching because it combines my two passions of teaching kids and the development of a beautiful game. This is an attitude I try to keep with me whether it’s playing, coaching or even working. An open mindset allows for me to learn from new situations and better prepare my players for these in the future.
At Riverfront United we believe quality soccer is achieved through possession, movement and creativity. As a coaching staff our goal is to create ideas and give players the tools to develop. We believe in positive reinforcement and providing a soccer education so players can learn the game from both a technical and tactical point of view.
At Riverfront we do team specific training, no groups. Each session plan has a topic and a specific goal. All session plans are carefully though out and overseen by Dany O’Rourke. Each session will incorporate a passing drill progressing into a possession drill. After working on this fundamental part of the game each session works then on the tactical side providing its players with insight on movement and tactical awareness.
Riverfront provides teams for both girls and boys. It is our goal to provide teams at all ages. We work with players of all abilities also having players come up the ranks from our Micro Soccer, through our Developmental Academy.
Riverfront Micro Soccer: 2-6yr olds
In the micro soccer Academy young players learn to develop a love of the game and are introduced to the very basic fundamentals of the game. Our goal here is to get the young players developing a relationship with the ball and enthusiasm to play the game.
Riverfront Developmental Academy: 7-14
At the Riverfront Developmental program players learn to master the fundamental skills of the soccer player. A lot more drill driven and instructional the players will not only develop the technical side of the game but will also be instructed on how the game is played.
The last step in reaching the top of the triangle. Here our players have reached a high level of technical ability. Riverfront United then turns to teaching its players on how to play the game introducing high level coaching on the tactical side of the game.