Soccer Riverfront United FC – Mission
To unleash the potential of our community. To develop the individual player’s intelligence, competence, and character within a team context. To provide a learner centric environment that promotes respect, teamwork, and resiliency.
To be the premier travel soccer club in Northeastern Pennsylvania through developing players and coaches of great intelligence, competence, and character. We are a club with members, not a collection of teams. We have a single identity and framework for all players, parents, and coaches to develop and grow together toward our ideals.
Our core values are the standards of behavior for all members.
○ Our attitude toward ourselves and each other is a skill.
○ Interacting with everyone we encounter in life with dignity and respect.
○ Embrace all of who we are as a people to create a soccer culture unique to us and our community. Potential is unleashed when people collaborate and celebrate each other’s background and culture.
○ In the face of adversity or after getting knocked down time and again, the willingness and passion to keep moving forward and having faith in yourself.
○ Show up ALL IN as consistent as humanly possible.
○ Set goals, develop game plans, chase them.
○ Recognition of what is given and an attitude of ‘what can I give’ to my team, my teammates, my parents, my coaches, my family, my opponents, and my community.
To promote learning and joy through sound pedagogical methods and curriculum. To develop the individual’s intelligence, competence, and character within a team context.
● Training is age appropriate and focused.
● Training promotes learning and joy.
● Training consists of learner-centered activities.
● Training develops individuals within the team context.
● Training encourages taking risks.
● Training nurtures cognitive development, positional understanding, and technical execution.
STYLE OF PLAY
Our teams will develop and strive toward our ideals and guided through our club game model.
Our players will aim to utilize space and triangulate to create diagonal passing lines and use width to create numerical or positional superiority, with the intention to advance forwards, penetrate opposition lines, and create goal scoring opportunities.
DURING NEGATIVE TRANSITION
Players will press the ball immediately after losing it, using players closest to the situation, with the intent to regain the ball at the earliest opportunity and before the opposition take up an attacking shape.
OUT OF POSSESSION
Our players will aim to get numbers behind the ball and recognize opportunities to restrict the opposition playing forwards through adopting a compact shape, with the intention to outnumber the opponent and create cues to press the ball to regain possession.
DURING POSITIVE TRANSITION
Players will aim to exploit the opponent when disorganized with the intent to playing forwards quickly with vertical movements and runs that create opportunities to advance towards the opponent’s goal at speed, creating goal scoring opportunities.